Saturday 4 September 2010

Caravan in colour


I've been working a little on the caravan. The colours will be loosely based on the vibrant 'Roulottes' decorated by Jeanne Bayol, more photos can be found here. I love the beautiful art dolls by Christine Alvarado of Du Buh Du Designs, and she has also used Gypsy Caravans inspired by Jeanne Bayol as a set for her dolls so she is also a source of inspiration to me. I've just put a few things together to give me an idea of how the colours work as a whole. I pulled off the roof (to be reconstructed later as an opening roof), added shutters to the doorway and painted external panels a bright green, painted the interior a mauve colour and started to build a bed using a kitchen cupboard from one of those cheap basic woodcraft furniture kits.

I like the bright clashing greens, mauves, reds and turquoises - somehow I think they will all work together to give the right kind of bohemian atmosphere. This is something very different to my usual fairly muted colours, and when I need a break I will start work again on my vintage white house!

2 comments:

Norma Bennett said...

I'd like one of these in real life!

Anonymous said...

Yours looks wonderful Becky!! Aren't they fun to make:)I love the colors and the furniture especially~I have a life size chair just like the red one you have! Have a wonderful New Year full of inspiration:)